- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Welcome to Oxford Optometry
Your Optometrist in Woodstock, ON.
Call us at 519-421-3303 today.
At Oxford Optometry in Woodstock, Ontario, we prioritize your optometric health. Our Ontario optometrist, Dr. Sarah Andreasen, and the rest of our staff are trained in diagnosing and treating common eye issues. We also offer an eye exam in Woodstock and fittings for contacts, sunglasses, and eyeglasses.
We encourage you to come see us if you have an eye emergency (and no, you don’t need a prior appointment) as well as for your regular optometric needs.
As mentioned, our chief optometrist is Dr. Sarah Andreasen. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree and a Degree in Optometry at the University of Waterloo. Upon graduation, she became a member of the Board of Health, sharpening her skills.
From there, she joined the OMNI Eye Services as an extern. Led by experienced ophthalmologists, Dr. Andreasen learned lot of what she applies today at Oxford Optometry during her stint there. That includes detecting anterior diseases, cataracts, retinal diseases, glaucoma, and more.
At Oxford Optometry, our Ontario optometrist Dr. Andreasen offers many services for patients of all ages and vision levels. These include:
- Ortho-K: Ortho-K is a nonsurgical treatment that’s an alternative to LASIK. These specialized contacts gradually readjust the shape of the cornea for improved vision.
- LASIK: LASIK is a laser-guided surgery that corrects vision in one or both eyes. This can erase symptoms of astigmatism, hyperopia, and myopia.
- Contacts/specialty contacts: If you’ve never worn contacts before, let Dr. Andreasen explain proper care and use. We also carry specialty contacts like colored contacts and hard-to-fit contacts for those with keratoconus and other advanced eye conditions.
- Eyeglasses (including designer eyeglasses) and sunglasses: We can also fit you for the perfect pair of sunglasses or eyeglasses in Woodstock at Oxford Optometry. Our selection of designer eyeglasses is impressive.
- Dry eye treatment: If your eyes aren’t producing enough of their own natural tears, you may have dry eye. Sometimes basic eyedrops do the trick, but not always. Dr. Andreasen can test you for dry eye and suggest a prescription treatment that works.
- Computer vision treatment: If you spend too long staring at screens all day (including smartphone screens), you may have computer vision. Symptoms include neck aches, dry eyes, headaches, eye strain, and blurred vision. By making some lifestyle changes, many of these symptoms should disappear.
- Blue light vision services: When you’re on your phone or at the computer too long, you see excessive blue light. This can negatively impact sleep cycles. There’s even a suggestion that cataracts and macular degeneration can be caused by too much blue light. Let Dr. Andreasen assess your lifestyle with our blue light vision services.
- Sports vision testing: If you’re athletic, you should come in for sports vision testing. Your vision is closely related to your athletic abilities, in that you may lack depth perception, eye tracking, and hand-eye coordination with undiagnosed vision issues.
To learn more or schedule an appointment with us today, give us a call at 519-421-3303 or visit us at Oxford Optometry on 600 Princess Street, Suite 400.
Our office participates in the Eye See...Eye Learn program. If your child was born in 2012 and enrolled in junior kindergarden, they will receive an eye exam and free glasses(if needed). For full explanation of program, go to https://eyeseeeyelearn.ca. To book appointment, please call our office at 519-421-3303.
Woodstock Optometrist | Oxford Optometry |519-421-3303
600 Princess Street Suite 400
Woodstock, ON N4S 4H4